Monday, January 5, 2015

Into Your Darkest Hour

Holiday break is over.  Drago went back to school this morning.  He was actually excited to return.  So back to the midnight and 3am checks and up at 6am to get Drago up and ready and take him to school.  The one saving grace right now is that I am part time at my job so I still have a little time, but I sure will miss sleeping "in" until 7:30/8am.  Only 6 months until I can do that again.  😄. The Mombie might need to up her coffee intake.

Sugar Bear was high all day yesterday and he has started the same today.  Lucy, our dog, has taken to watching over him.  High days are challenging.  He doesn't feel good and he is crabby.  Sometimes extra sleep helps.  I'm just hoping he's not getting sick.  We'll all keep a watchful eye.


So my ocd took over and I highlighted every entry in the log.  It was fascinating.  One thing I ended up doing was counting how many of the midnight and 3am checks (not the 4 or 6 am) resulted in needing a shot or carbs.  Drum roll please.....the total number of treatment nights were 88!  That is almost 3 months.  So I got curious.  How many of those were only the 3am checks?  18.  A little over two weeks where the dead of night had us giving juice 13 times and a shot 5 times.  I would really like a CGM.  It won't stop the need for finger pricks, but it might allow me to rest a little better with seeing how the blood glucose is trending.  If I could just convince Sugar Bear.  So we'll keep checking.  I'll keep stocking juice in the kit for just in case.  And I'll try not to miss too many of those 3am checks.  And I'll keep highlighting and looking for trends.  So that playlist I talked about yesterday, the first song on the list was one of my adds.  I added it for a number of reasons, but mainly because of these lyrics:


I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you
Take me in, into your darkest hour
And I'll never desert you
I'll stand by you


I know he'll have hurts, he already does, but it's that darkest hour and never deserting him that resonates with me.  I know what the dark 3am low does.  I'll always stand by him.

No comments:

Post a Comment