Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Helpless

Tears.  So very many tears.  My husband's best friend passed away yesterday on the heals of two other deaths, my cousin and another friend of Hubby's that was struck by lightening in Colorado. But this last one....we were still reeling from the most recent ones.  And both of these are part of the same group of friends.



Chuckles was a great guy.  Always there, even though he lives in another state.  Solid.  Sweet.  An amazing Dad and husband.  His daughter is only 10.  And the bestest of friends.  Family.  Funny.  He talked with my husband just about daily, the very last time on Saturday.  They considered each other brothers.  He called me Sis sometimes.  He died Monday evening.  Unexpectedly.  He was napping.  When his wife got home he was gone.  I can't fathom it.  He was going to be coming this week for the other friend's funeral.  None of this is right.  None of this is fair.

When Sugar Bear was in the PICU that first night with labored breathing and we didn't know if he'd make it, Chuckles called me at 3am, just to be a support.  To be the calm in my silent void.  That's the kind of guy he was.  Comforting.  He's always been there for us.  This blurb doesn't do justice to the man he was.  I'm at a loss for words.  He was loved.  There is now an emptiness that will always exist.

We'll be attending two funerals.  Two too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment