Friday, July 11, 2014

The Navigator

No longer waiting to exhale.  In the last 24hrs we've had five numbers in range!  Five out of eleven.  It's a start.  At least the rest of the numbers have dropped out of the 200s.  We'll take it.  These two weeks have been super stressful.  We're all exhausted but the weight has lifted somewhat from my heart.  Fingers crossed that we've turned this corner.

I was able to go to a spontaneous dinner with my Mom's cousin last night with less anxiety than I've had for two weeks.  It was so nice to see him.  We talked for hours.  He's a really great guy.  He has diabetes too (2), and we talked some about it.  He also has a child with health issues that will require a kidney transplant down the road.  It was wonderful to just talk with someone who has such a great outlook on life even with his own stressors that would get anyone down.  When our children are battling health and social issues and we have very little control we look for anything that will help us. My Mom's cousin has the ability to cut to the heart of it.  He gets it.  He navigates.  He reads.  He researches.  I hope that Sugar Bear will have these tendencies too.  I want him to be able to take the wheel and chart his own course.  But for now we'll be his pancreas and his co-captains.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome news! Cherishing these small victories! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete