Sunday, September 3, 2017

It is Always Something







At one point in my life before the boys were diagnosed with Type 1, I had a friend that lived in my neighborhood.  She had a son close to Drago's age.  We tried to get together a couple times a week but it wasn't always possible because we were dealing with some health issues of my husband's and my own.  She decided we could no longer be friends because our family had "too much drama."  Pretty soon after that she moved and I have no idea where or what happened to her.  I wonder sometimes what she would think now.

SugarBear a.k.a. MonkeyMan or Cyborg now:
Migraines, Type 1, Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, vitiligo, and psoriasis.

Drago:
Migraines, Type 1, GERD, vitiligo, gastropareisis, bilateral pars defect at L5. There is grade 1 anterolisthesis of L5 on S1 (basically a fracture in his spinal vertebrae that has "slipped", and dysautonomia/P.O.T.s (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome).

Hubby:
Vitiligo, psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, talus coalition, neck vertebrae lipping, double knee replacements, Type 2, diverticulosis, neuropathy.  Permanent disability.

Me:
Endometriosis, shoulder surgery for rotator cuff, PVCs and PACs (preventricular contractions and preatrial contractions), and four slipped discs.

And I am the healthiest.  Although right now one of my discs is not playing nice and I am on a short term leave of absence from work.  Hopefully the shots I am having done on the 14th alleviates that issue for me for awhile.  I have to function.  I have to.  I juggle all of the health needs.  I do the research.  I make the appointments.  I keep our life going.  The new issues going on with hubby and Drago are causing me concerns.  Definitely drama.  Drago has dizzy spells where he feels like he is going to pass out not related to his Type 1.  He has consistent tachycardia that causes his chest to hurt, palpitations, shortness of breath.  His nausea is severe making eating and dosing insulin correctly tricky.  He has severe fatigue.  He has brain fog that effects his learning.  POTs is challenging.  We are trying to find a doctor that will help him, that won't say just drink more fluids and have more salt.  And hubby-foot pain and swelling from neuropathy.  His joints, especially his shoulder, are constantly in severe pain.  And me needing more help from all has been a burden.  More drama.  And woven through all of this mess is Type 1.  Lows, highs, pump changes, Dex changes, dosages of insulin.  It never rests and doesn't really let us rest either.  We need rest.  We need fun and outings and friends and life.  We don't need drama, we don't want it.  We don't go looking for it.  But it seems to find us.   The day before my shots my husband and I will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.  We've dealt with a lot in twenty years, because it is always something.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the update. Your family has a lot going on for certain.

    I help with RABlog week (it covers all forms of rheumatic conditions. The blog week operates like DBlog week and it starts the last Monday of September each year. If interested you can get information at www.RADiabetes.com We woudl love to have you join us.

    ReplyDelete